The Richest man in Africa for 10 conservative years, Nigerian Industrialist Aliko Dangote is building what will be the worlds biggest oil refinery with a capacity to refine 650,000 barrels of crude everyday.
Easily one of the biggest Infrastrucural project in Africa,the scale of this project is staggering. Everything about this project is staggering.
Key Facts about Dangote’s Lekki Refinery and Petrochemical plant.
* This project site encompasses 11 square miles. This is 8 times the size of Victorial Island in Lagos.
* The cost of this project is in excess of $16 billion.
* When completed the refinery will be able to process 650,000 barrels of crude every 18 hours.
* Just when you think it doesn’t get bigger than this, 1,100 kms of undersea pipeline infrastructure will be built to handle the refining facility.
* It is the largest industrial complex in Africa.
* Construction work is on a 24 hour, 7 days a week basis.
* 25,000 Nigerians were employed for this project.
* The construction site has its own independent electricity grid.